Revolution Mill is the phased redevelopment of a large textile mill in Greensboro, North Carolina. First built in 1898 as a flannel mill, the original Revolution Mill was instrumental to the establishment of Greensboro’s manufacturing economy. In the early twentieth century, Revolution Mill helped to anchor the “Piedmont Triad” industrial hub of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point North Carolina. However, by 1984 the mill was shut down and left vacant for two decades.
Today, Revolution Mill converts the 570,000 square foot former mill into a mixed-use community featuring commercial, residential, and industrial space. The former mill has created 1,260 permanent jobs and now features 250,000 square feet of office space, 111 market rate apartments, 31 affordable apartments, three restaurants that employ 60 people, commercial space reserved for innovators and entrepreneurs, and much more.
570,000 square feet of mixed-use commercial, residential, and light industrial space