Originally opened in 1923 as the home of Stoehr & Fister Furniture Company, the Stoehr & Fister building is a 65-unit residential adaptive reuse project at the gateway to downtown Scranton and the historic courthouse square.
Project construction began in December of 2019 with building occupancy in November 2020. This project represents the best practices of preservation and creativity to retain a significant historic resource within the community. The structure has enjoyed a prominent place in the City for almost 100 years. Retaining and restoring the historic facades, introducing windows to the tertiary elevations, and breathing new life into this corner in Scranton has benefitted the community. There are now already more than 50 new residents living and working there.
FEDERAL HISTORIC TAX CREDIT