The Kansas Health Science Center has taken over space converted and adaptively re-used from downtown Wichita’s historic Innes Building. Built in 1927, it was first used by the George Innes Dry Goods Company. After the company’s bankruptcy in the mid-1950s, the Innes building was taken over by Macy’s department store.
In 2020, construction began to convert the Innes Building into a 280,000 square foot medical education campus, including the Kansas Health Science Center medical school. The new medical campus aims to provide much needed healthcare education throughout the state of Kansas, while offering students a convenient location centrally located in downtown Wichita.
Approximately 280,000sf medical education campus